“This is a fun little app that allows for multiple layers of creativity by kids as well as their parents[.]” - smartappsforkids.com (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
What is tapStory?
tapStory augments picture books with creative play, creating a novel immersive experience for young readers. Kids animate characters and read the story out loud, and then play back their performances—each one a singular expression of their imagination.
tapStory also offers Create Mode, where kids can make their own stories. The artwork from all stories they have purchased is available for them to use. They can add their own text to the artwork, and save their creations to narrate and animate just like their purchased stories.
tapStory is available for free in the App Store for iPad.
How can I use tapStory?
- Practice storytelling and acting, and share with your friends.
- Use your imagination: each scene has endless possibilities!
- Create your own stories: make fan fiction or do a mashup of multiple characters from different books.
- Give your child engaging, high quality literature.
- Foster creativity, concentration, and high-level thought. tapStory leaves many children's tap-and-poke style apps in the dust!
- Use their recordings to mark your children's milestones—digitally augment your fridge door.
- Make your own recording so that your child can hear you read the story whenever they want.
- Motivate your students to read.
- Evaluate reading aptitude and comprehension by playing back students' recordings.
- Provide a playtime activity that is rich in developmental content, and a learning activity that feels like play.
- Teach the important elements of good storytelling and design.
- Integrate reading with engaging content that provides great visual and auditory feedback.
- Use stories as a way to think about and act out real-life situations.
- Keep young patients occupied and happy during long visits.
- Offer a fun and exciting reward for good behavior.
Reviews and coverage
Why should I get tapStory?
Reading is an essential part of growing up. Everybody has fond memories of their favorite childhood books. In the age of mobile computing, printed picture books are as vibrant and diverse today they were decades ago. Playful Art's vision for tapStory is to supplement this traditional and valuable landscape with a novel way for children to interact with literature. Download tapStory for your iPad for free today, and discover how reading picture books takes on a new dimension!